[Podcast] Belinda Kerr on Preparing Your Recruitment Business for a Merger
In this month’s episode of the Firefish Software podcast, Wendy is joined by Belinda Kerr of Recruitment Garage to talk around the processes and lessons learned from pursuing and managing partnerships and mergers in recruitment.
Belinda has twenty years of recruitment experience under her belt, and in this time she’s founded, scaled, merged and sold on two successful recruitment businesses in Australia. She’s now focussing her time on inspiring and supporting recruitment entrepreneurs keen to scale up their businesses, but took some time out to share some insights with Wendy on how she herself managed to do this.
Tune in the podcast to hear more on:
- The experience of creating a recruitment franchise
- The process of formalising the international sale of a recruitment business and what it’s like
- Insights on managing recruitment mergers, including the process, lessons learned and advice.
You can connect with Belinda through the Recruitment Garage website, her LinkedIn or follow her on Twitter.
- [00:20] Introducing Belinda
- [1:52] Belinda’s Story. How she worked in Greg Savage’s agency before breaking out on her own and starting two businesses
- [5:30] Why Belinda made the decision to create something that helped recruiters expand and grow their business.
- [7:00] How Belinda got interest from a UK firm when her business was based in Australia.
- [8:40] What the process of formalising the international sale of her business was like.
- [10:25 Belinda’s decision to reverse the sale and take back ownership of her company and the lessons learned from that process.
- [14:50] The process of developing a recruitment franchise and creating new systems to support it.
- [18:20] What Belinda’s up to now at Recruitment Garage and how she’s working to defeat ‘overwhelm and overwork’.
- [22:40] Belinda’s thoughts on the similarities and differences between the UK and Australian recruitment business. As well as opportunities for international alliances.
- [24:20] Things Belinda wished she knew when she started her businesses.
- 26:00 How best to get in touch with Belinda.
About the Author: As Content Editor-in-Chief, Katie oversees all things blog-related at Firefish Software. When she’s not planning, reading, writing, or thinking about writing recruitment blogs, you can normally find her moaning about the Glasgow weather or planning her next escape to the sunshine.